Tabletop Gaymers at Gen Con 50
We distributed almost 11,000 GAYMER and ALLY badge ribbons at Gen Con this year! We had a half-dozen events and 14 locations were you could pick up ribbons this year. If you got a ribbon, please take a moment to fill out our Badge Ribbon Registration form if you’d like to be kept up to date with future events and if you took a picture of yourself with your ribbon, upload it to our Badge Ribbon Selfie page!
This year there will be a number of events at Gen Con 50 that are hosted by, or are in conjunction with, Tabletop Gaymers. There will also be many places where you can pick up your GAYMER and ALLY badge ribbons. Those who donated to the “GAYMER / ALLY Badge Ribbons 2017” GoFundMe campaign, can also pick up a SPONSOR ribbon! GAYMER and ALLY ribbons are free; no purchase is required at any event or vendor booth. Please visit our “Donate” page for more information on making a tax-deductible contribution.
Official Gen Con Events
- Stink 14 (ZED17105406) – Wednesday at 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Union Station : Grand Hall
- Queer as a 3-Sided Die (SEM17104872) – Thursday at 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM, Crowne Plaza : Grand Central Stn C
- Gaymer Gathering (ZED17124462) – Thursday at 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM, Union Station : Edison South
- The Intersection of Inclusion & Storytelling (SEM17119095) – Friday at 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM, Crowne Plaza : Pennsylvania Stn C
- Queering Your Setting (SEM17113265) – Saturday at 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM, Crowne Plaza : Grand Central Stn D
- Are You A Werewolf? – Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 6:00 PM – 4:00 AM, Wabash West Hallway
These are informal meet ups that are not officially part of Gen Con and no ticket is required. You have to be a member of the Gen Con Gaymers Facebook group to see the event details, but they are public events and all gaymers and allies are welcome to attend. By the way, “Elf Park” is what we call the open area just north, and across the street, of the convention center. (Google Map “10 S Capitol Ave, Indianapolis IN 46204”) Formally, it is called the Convention Center Plaza or “Hudnut Commons” but the big “SELF PARK” sign sometimes is missing its S (Google Image Search “Elf Park Gen Con”).
- Thr, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Gaymer Picnic at Elf Park
- Fri, 11:30 PM – 1:30 PM – Gaymer Lunch Meetup at Elf Park
Vendors/Groups with Badge Ribbons
These vendors and groups have agreed to help distribute GAYMER and ALLY badge ribbons (all of them are sponsors as well). Stop by their booth, pick up a ribbon, and thank them for sponsoring. Please do not pick up a ribbon for a friend; have your friend visit their booth and pick up their own. :)
- Catan Studios (HQ Desk in ICC Hall D)
- CoolStuffInc.com (#1501)
- Fantasy Flight (HQ Desk in in ICC Hall D)
- Fight in the Skies Society (HQ Desk in ICC Hall E)
- Games on Demand (Hyatt Regency Ballroom A & B)
- Greater Than Games, (#1343)
- Green Ronin Publishing (#1321)
- Hans Cummings (Authors’ Avenue AD)
- Lone Wolf Development (#343)
- O Christmas Geek (#1555)
- Paizo Inc (#103)
- Posthuman Studios (#357)
- Rogue Judges (HQ Desk in ICC Hall E)
Anyone who donated, at any level, to the GoFundMe campaign can get a SPONSOR badge ribbon. We will only be mailing SPONSOR ribbons and Thank You material to those who donated $20 or more. If you donated $20 or more and did not get a notice asking for your mailing address, please contact us. Anyone who donated can pick up their SPONSOR ribbon at Gen Con at the Rogue Judges HQ in Hall E. Please visit our “Donate” page for more information on making a tax-deductible contribution.